Looking for a “car accident lawyer near me” after you or a loved one has been injured in a car accident? The team at Gustad Law Group, PLLC, is here to help. We are dedicated to helping accident victims and their loved ones in Tacoma and throughout the state.
Tacoma Car Accident Lawyer
Washington auto accident lawyer John Paul Gustad will help you secure the compensation you are entitled to under Washington law. Mr. Gustad has years of experience handling distressing accident and injury cases, and our law firm is committed to getting you the compensation you deserve. This unequaled dedication has lead to remarkable insurance settlements for our satisfied clients.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Tacoma, WA
Contact us today to schedule a free consultation.
Why Would I Need an Attorney?
Have you considered settling or negotiating with the insurance company on your own? If you’ve been injured, this move can cost you.
The logistics of getting your life back on track after a car accident are complex, especially if you’re trying to recoup from a serious injury. The other driver’s insurance company is not on your side. Their goal is to keep as much money in their pockets as possible by paying you the bare minimum. It can be inherently unfair, but it doesn’t have to be.
When you consult with an attorney, you’ll have someone who is experienced in handling insurance companies on your side. Your attorney will evaluate all of the evidence and make a determination about what he or she thinks your case is worth. Inevitably, this dollar figure is more than what an insurance company will want to pay, so your attorney will begin the process of negotiating.
In most cases, there are no car accident lawyer fees that you have to pay. Instead, your attorney will receive a percentage of your settlement.
Discuss Your Case with a Reliable Tacoma Car Accident Lawyer
The next step is to discuss your case with an attorney. A car accident lawyer will listen to your story, ask questions to get clarification about what happened, and then recommend your next steps.
Often, your case can be settled amicably with the insurance company, but there are times when a lawsuit is an appropriate measure.
Possible grounds for filing complaints include:
- The insurance company denies your claim.
- There is a dispute about who is at fault
- The insurance company will not agree on a fair settlement amount.
Areas of Practice in Tacoma
- Tacoma Social Security Disability Lawyer
- Tacoma VA Lawyer
- Tacoma Personal Injury Lawyer
- Tacoma Car Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Bicycle Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Truck Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Animal Attack Lawyer
- Tacoma Brain Injury Lawyer
- Tacoma Child Injury Lawyer
- Tacoma Residential Care Facility Negligence Lawyer
- Tacoma Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer
- Tacoma Construction Accident Lawyer
- Tacoma Wrongful Death Lawyer
- Tacoma Burn Injury Lawyer
- Tacoma Boat Accident Lawyer
Causes of Car Accidents
Any number of issues can lead to a car accident. Some of the most common causes of car accidents include:
- Driver behavior, such as speeding, drunk driving, disobeying traffic signs, distracted driving, and more
- Poor road conditions, including visibility, slippery surfaces, and obstructions
- Problems with the vehicle, including defective or poorly maintained parts
- Weather conditions, such as fog, rain, snow, etc.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), “distracted driving” is the number one cause of car accidents. The danger of dealing with a driver who is distracted is that this hazard can occur at any time of day, and it’s difficult to detect a driver who is distracted while you’re on the road.
Areas of Practice
At Gustad Law Group, we have dedicated our time and skills to serving members of the community who have been injured or wronged due to someone else’s negligent or reckless behavior. The bulk of the claims we handle include:
- Car accident injuries
- Motorcycle injuries
- Truck accident injuries
- Construction accident injuries
- Nursing home neglect
- Wrongful death
Compensation and Assistance You Deserve
One of the first things that happens after a car accident is that the other driver’s insurance company will contact you. They may request follow-up information or ask you questions about the accident. These companies often look for any potential loophole to pay you less money in a settlement claim.
By working with a lawyer for car accident cases, you’ll have an advocate who is experienced in handling insurance companies. Your attorney will do his or her own investigation into the circumstances of the accident and seek to negotiate compensation that is more aligned with what is a fair reflection of your damages.
Compensation for a Tacoma Car Accident
Compensation for a car accident could include:
- Reimbursement for medical bills
- Payment for ongoing medical treatments
- Compensation for lost wages and future earning capacity
- Compensation for lost or damaged property
- Money for physical pain and suffering
- Financial consideration for emotional distress
In Tacoma, Washington, there is a time limit that restricts how long you have to file a claim after a car accident. To ensure that you are within this timeframe, we recommend you contact an attorney as soon as possible. At Gustad Law Group, we are here to help. Call us at 253-552-4005 for a free consultation.